types of Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Types of Motocycle Accident Injuries – Sarasota, FL
Sarasota Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Get legal advice from our personal injury lawyers
Whether it’s caused by another motorist’s reckless actions or terrible road conditions, motorcycle accidents generally result in property damage, severe injuries and even death. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to experience a fatal accident on the road compared to those in passenger cars. More than half of motorcyclist fatalities involved at least one other vehicle.
If you or a loved one sustained significant injury on your motorcycle due to the actions of another vehicle, our Sarasota motorcycle accident attorneys are dedicated to pursuing your deserved compensation. With over 100 years of legal experience, we aggressively represent our clients and passionately protect motorcyclists’ road rights.
Ready to take action?
Call us today at (941) 366-8010 for acomplimentary consultation.
Types of damages recoverable in motorcycle accident claims include:
- Property damage
- Medical costs
- Lost earnings
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
Common types of Motorcycle Accidents:
- Head-on collisions involving motorcycles account for 56% of motorcycle accident deaths. 78% of the time, the car strikes the motorcycle from the front, often resulting in death.
- The second most common type of motorcycle accident occur when cars make left-hand turns, which typically occurs when a motorcycle passes a vehicle, travels straight through an intersection or attempts to overtake a vehicle. Due to the motorcycle’s smaller size, passing cars are not aware of their surroundings quick enough to avoid crashing into a motorcyclist.
- When traffic jams occur, motorcyclists tend to drive between two lanes, which can lead to accidents because of how narrow the distance motorcyclists have to maneuver. Sometimes, a motorist doesn’t anticipate a motorcycle passing through.
- Fixed objects and road hazards, such as slick pavements and potholes, lead to devastating accidents. Typically resulting in motorcyclists being thrown from their bike and sustaining potentially fatal injuries.
- On some occasions, motorcyclists demonstrate negligent actions when they excessively speed or use alcohol. High performance motorcycles have the ability to achieve speeds greater than 140 miles per hour, which can be challenging to determine fault if an accident occurs.
Get the justice you deserve.
In every motorcycle accident case, our experienced attorneys need to investigate the type of motorcycle crash to determine its cause in order to help identify the at-fault party. Don’t let the other driver’s insurance company attempt to make you believe you are getting treated fairly. Having a Sarasota motorcycle accident attorney will ensure you’ll get the outcome you desire.
We do everything in our power to pursue your goals.
Call us at (941) 366-8010 for a consultation today.
Relentlessly Pursuing Justice for You
Band, Gates & Dramis, P.L. has a reputation for being offering trusted and reliable counsel. That is because our legal team has years of legal experience, skill, and insight to bring our clients effective solutions. We know how difficult your situation may be, and no one should ever have to endure it alone.
Discuss Your Matter for Free
To learn more about what Band, Gates & Dramis can do for you, schedule a free consultation today. We service a wide-range of Sarasota businesses from any industry. No matter what your individual needs, we’ll find a cost-effective solution that works for you! Call our firm at (941) 366-8010 to book an initial consultation.
Our services include:
Top Sarasota Law Firm
Contact Us Today
At Band, Gates & Dramis, our clients are our main focus. We strive to be different from other law firms that provide impersonal legal services. We aim to deliver client-focused legal services, inside and outside of the courtroom. If you have been looking for a Sarasota personal injury law firm that will treat your case as a top priority, you have come to the right place.