Catastrophic Injuries Lawyer
Catastrophic Injuries Lawyer – Sarasota, FL
What is a Spinal Cord injury?!
A spinal cord injury consists of any severe damage directly to the spinal, which contains a cluster of nerves inside the spinal column (backbone) that transmits messages between the brain and body. Any serious blow administered to the spinal cord may lead to partial or full loss of motor control and sensation, typically causing paralysis in either the lower extremities of the body or in all four limbs.
Ready to take action?
Call us today at (941) 366-8010 for acomplimentary consultation.
Common causes for Spinal Cord Injuries:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Acts of violence
- Sports and recreation injuries
- Industrial accidents
Complications Relating to Spinal Cord Injury
According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center (NSCISC), around 12,500 new spinal cord injury cases occur in the United States every year. When an individual suffers a spinal cord injury, complications arise regarding normal body functions.
Complications from spinal cord injuries include:
- Skin sensation – loss of part of all of feeling on your skin, it hinders the ability to send messages to the brain when prolonged pressure, heat or cold occurs
- Bowel control – While the stomach and intestines may function normally, the control of your bowel movements may be altered
- Circulatory control – Ranges from low blood pressure when you rise to swelling of your extremities, resulting in an increased risk of developing blood clots
- Bladder control – Your brain may not be able to control your bladder due to damaged nerves in the spinal cord which sends messages to the brain
- Respiratory system – A severe spinal injury can make it difficult to cough or breathe if your abdominal and chest muscles are affected
- Pain – Muscle or joint pain derived from overuse of a particular muscle group, as well as nerve pain can occur after a spinal cord injury
- Depression – Coping with all of the changes associated with a spinal cord injury and living iwht it can cause some people to experience depression
Recovering Compensation on behalf of our clients
Dealing with a spinal cord injury on a daily basis, especially if the damage is considered permanent, can be overwhelming, excruciating and frustrating. At Band Gates & Dramis, our Sarasota personal injury attorneys are dedicated to pursuing justice and compensation for our clients against the negligent actions caused by another party.
We do everything in our power to pursue your goals.
Call us at (941) 366-8010 for a consultation today.
Relentlessly Pursuing Justice for You
Band, Gates & Dramis, P.L. has a reputation for being offering trusted and reliable counsel. That is because our legal team has years of legal experience, skill, and insight to bring our clients effective solutions. We know how difficult your situation may be, and no one should ever have to endure it alone.
Discuss Your Matter for Free
To learn more about what Band, Gates & Dramis can do for you, schedule a free consultation today. We service a wide-range of Sarasota businesses from any industry. No matter what your individual needs, we’ll find a cost-effective solution that works for you! Call our firm at (941) 366-8010 to book an initial consultation.
Our services include:
Top Sarasota Law Firm
Contact Us Today
At Band, Gates & Dramis, our clients are our main focus. We strive to be different from other law firms that provide impersonal legal services. We aim to deliver client-focused legal services, inside and outside of the courtroom. If you have been looking for a Sarasota personal injury law firm that will treat your case as a top priority, you have come to the right place.