Recent Successful Cases
- State v. V.B. – V.B. was charged with Felony Possession of False Identification (False ID) in Hillsborough County. Stefan was able to get the case dismissed just days after its filing.
- State v. K.M. – K.M. was charged with Unauthorized Possession of a Driver’s License in Sarasota County. Stefan was able to navigate this case and get the charge against his client dismissed.
- State v. M.D. – M.D. was charged with Possession of a Firearm in Violation of an Injunction and faced over 1 year in jail in Sarasota County. Taking a creative approach, Stefan went to Manatee County and was able to dissolve the Injunction which M.D. had violated, thus resulting in no adjudication on the criminal charge, and zero jail time.
- State v. Alexander – defended against and had dismissed a Driving with a Suspended License Manslaughter charge in Sarasota County.
- State v. Davis – defended against and had dismissed two Possession of Controlled Substances charges, as well as two misdemeanor possession charges in Charlotte County.
- State v. Willis – defended against and had dismissed a felony violation of probation in Charlotte County.
- State v. Thompson – fought against a bond forfeiture and won the return of over $35,000.00 in bond money in Manatee County.
- State v. KR – defended against and had dismissed a DUI and Violation of Business Purposes Only license charge in Sarasota County.
- State v. Gettle – defended against and dismissed an Aggravated Battery charge in Sarasota County.
- State v. Pittman: Aggravated Battery, punishable by 15 years in prison; reduced to battery and put on 12 months of probation
- State v. Loughney: Leaving the Scene of an Accident with Death or Severe Bodily Injury, punishable by up to 15 years in prison; got the charges dropped
- State v. V: Leaving the Scene of an Accident, charges eventually dropped
- State v. Wade: Felony Possession of Controlled Substances, was retained on the case a week before trial, and got all charges dropped.
- State v. F.C. – client was charged with solicitation of prostitution, and faced a year in jail and a $5,000 civil fine. Stefan was able to address this case aggressively, resulting in a dismissal of the charges.
- State v. K.V. – client was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, and faced potential jail time, probation, and fines. Stefan took this case and got the charges dismissed.
- State v. A.C. – client was charged with 2 Felony Driving Without a License offenses in the same month, one of which categorized her as a Habitual Traffic Offender and exposed her to a possible 5 year prison term. Stefan was able to not only get these charges ultimately dismissed, but also removed 3 prior Driving With a Suspended License charges from her record.
- State v. N.W. – client was charged with Felony Insurance Fraud, and faced up to 5 years in prison. Stefan fought for Ms. Williams, and the charges were ultimately dismissed.
- State v. N.C. – client was charged with several offenses, including Felony Possession of a Controlled Substance, and faced significant prison time. Stefan addressed the underlying issues of the matter, and negotiated an outcome that resulted in a dismissal of charges and treatment for the client.
- State v. V.S. – client was charged with Felony Theft and faced up to 5 years in prison. After a year of litigation, Stefan was able to get the charge dismissed.
- State v. J.M. – client was charged with 5 counts of indecent exposure, in both Sarasota and Manatee counties. Stefan negotiated a result in which all 5 charges were dropped.
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Bar
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Teen Court of Sarasota, Inc., Board of Directors
Sarasota Criminal Defense Attorney
Once a defendant in Sarasota County’s juvenile justice system, Attorney Stefan Campagna now serves to protect your rights if you have been accused of a crime. As an adolescent, Stefan was faced with several criminal charges and eventually referred to the Teen Court of Sarasota. After a successful completion of sanctions, he made the decision to give back with his academic and eventual professional aspirations.
Stefan graduated from the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University in New York, and after spending time with the Nassau County District Attorney’s Office, returned to Florida in order to impact the system that first introduced him to the courtroom.
Now a lawyer that practices in the area of criminal law, Stefan has represented hundreds of individuals across Sarasota County who have been accused of misdemeanor and felony crimes. As a former defendant, Stefan focuses on each case as if it were his own, paying special attention to each detail, and taking the time to personally communicate with each of his clients. After starting a youth court in New York, Stefan has been an integral influence in juvenile diversion policy across the country.
He currently serves as the Program Administrator for the National Association of Youth Courts, producing and overseeing the substantive content disseminated to programs across the country, as well as providing consulting services to several governmental and legislative agencies – including SAMHSA, OSDFS, and multiple states.
Over the past decade, Stefan has guest lectured in high schools, colleges, and governmental and community-based forums across the country. Stefan also served as a panel member at the American Bar Association’s 2011 Mid-Year Meeting during which he advocated the successful passage of the ABA Resolution in Support of Youth Courts. His proudest distinction, however, is as a board member and the public relations chairman of the same Teen Court of Sarasota which he attended as a juvenile.
Stefan is a member of the Florida Bar Association, Sarasota County Bar Association, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Have a legal matter that could benefit from Attorney Campagna’s experience and diligence? Call our office as soon as possible to discuss share the details of your case.
Call us at (941) 366-8010 for a business consultation today.